june12

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

UPDATES


PHIL LOGRECO NEWS

 


"Italian Sensation" Phil LoGreco pushed his record to 27-2 with his TKO win over rugged veteran Pablo Munguia on Tuesday October 13. With this win, LoGreco  accomplished exactly what he set out to do. "I knew he  would be tough, he said. "Coming off the Spence fight I was already prepared for another southpaw. Getting him out of there in 5 was what I was working for. I needed to keep the pressure, and wanted to do what few others had done before."

Celebration time for LoGreco has been brief. During a short visit home to Canada he filmed an appearance on the popular "Being Frank" show with host Frank D'Angelo which airs Friday, October 30 and is on his way back to Las Vegas, to  resume training, with an eye on returning to the ring in January- but, he wouldn't rule out a fight with Victor Ortiz on the Thurman/Porter undercard or even  Aaron Martinez, who put in good work against Robert Guerrero and pulled off a win over Devon Alexander.  "If  either match could be made, that would be perfect," he said. "I'd look forward to another southpaw in Ortiz, and I'm staying ready. My goal was to take a year from my return to boxing to get back in top form, and I'm there. If Ortiz isn't ready for me, I'll fight in January. When I spoke with Sam Watson that's what we discussed, but I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to fight Ortiz or maybe Martinez in December."

No comments:

Post a Comment